• Little Red Schoolhouse

    The Little Red Schoolhouse, located one block east of the museum, was designed by High Point architect Louis Voorhees in 1930 as a separate annex to the Ray Street Elementary School at the corner of Montlieu and North Hamilton Streets. The Little Red Schoolhouse served as a one-room public school for first graders between 1931 and 1961. It served as the first High Point Museum from 1964 to 1971.

    Make a donation today to preserve the Little Red Schoolhouse ! Share your memories!

Historical Park

  • High Point Museum Historical Park

    Adjacent to the High Point Museum is our Historical Park which features three historic buildings including the John Haley House (1786), the Hoggatt House (1801) and a working blacksmith shop (1841). Centered among the three structures is a historically...

    Read More

Featured Exhibit

  • Operation Iraqi Freedom

    This month, the High Point Museum will open a new exhibit – “A Picture of Courage,” in the lecture gallery. A decorated aerial combat photographer and two-time Military Photographer of the Year award winner, Retired Air Force Staff Sgt. Stacy...

    Read More

Get Involved

  • C'est Si Bon

    There are numerous ways to become involved at the High Point Museum – visit us, participate in a program, volunteer, donate artifacts or donate money. Ways to Get involved with the High Point Museum Adopt an Artifact Join today! Donate to the Museum Be...

    Read More

Visit Us

Museum Hours
10am - 4:30pm
Closed Sunday-Tuesday and
major holidays
Historical Park Hours
Saturday 10am - 4pm
Admission is FREE!

Contact Us

High Point Museum
1859 East Lexington Ave.
High Point, NC 27262
(336) 885-1859
Online Contact Form

Follow Us

Follow the High Point Museum on social media.